5 Things you need to KNOW preparing for your engagement session
Updated: Nov 14, 2019
Did you just get engaged? Congratulations! This is one of the most exciting times in a person's life. Here are 5 must know things before you book your engagement session.
* Start with thinking about important locations to the two of you. Where did he/she propose? Where did you meet? Where do you spend your weekends together? Get creative! If you love to hike, then hit the mountains. Your more into movies and popcorn, then have an in home session.
* Focus on only one of you wearing a pattern at a time (i.e., If you wear a floral print, your fiancé should wear solids. If your fiancé wears a checkered shirt, you should wear a solid dress or shirt!).
* Are you planning on using your photos at your wedding? If so wear colors that compliment your color scheme.
3. What to bring
* Your puppy! No matter what age your puppy or puppies are always so much fun to include in your photos.
* Something with your wedding your date on it. These photos are always perfect for your save the date cards.
What not to bring
* Anything trendy. Wear and bring classic items that have never and most likely will never go out of style. The last thing you want to do is look back on your photos and you have on something that was only in style for that year.
4. Get a manicure
* What a great excuse to have someone massage your hands! Your ring will be photographed. This also mean so will your hand, fingers and nails. Having a fresh manicure is a must!
* The one thing no one can control is the sun. Golden hour is a real thing! The later you arrive, the less time you will have to shoot! I suggest arriving 10 minutes prior to your session time to allow for parking and getting freshened up.
These are just a few tips to get you started. If you have anything special you are wanting for you engagement session let your photographer know. Remember get creative. These photos are about you two and the special bond you share!
Want to book an engagement session with me? I would be honored! www.shantelwallphotography.com/contact